z/OS Service Package: X2018019
APAR & Description:
- Incorrect row length (LRECL) returned from READ of a DB2 result
table. This problem was introduced by PTF RI33002 to SELCOPY
- Dynamic Allocation of generation (+1) of a GDG gives immediate
end-of-file on input. Same problem in previous release.
- Display of the BLKSIZE value for an output VSE sequential file
within the SELCOPY SUMMARY block of the SYSLST output is missing.
This problem is caused by APAR fix QI32001 to SELCOPY release 3.20.
APAR & Description:
- New callable interface, SLCIMS, introduced for SELCOPY in order to
simplify IMS CHKP/XRST processing.
SLCIMS is a SELCOPY callable load module designed to be used in an
IMS DL1 environment where checkpointing and restart is required.
SLCIMS is called via the SELCOPY CALL operation to perform one of
the following IMS DL1 function calls when SELCOPY is executed via
the IMS batch region controller (DFSRRC00):
- A basic checkpoint (CHKP)
- An extended restart (XRST)
- An extended/symbolic checkpoint (CHKP)
>> CALL SLCIMS -+- XRST -------------------------+-><
| +- SELC ------------+
| | |
+- CHKP ---+-+-------------------+
| | | |
+- XCHKP --+ +- chkp_pfx +-------+
+- SYMCHKP + | |
+ FORCE +
- Operational in DLI or BMP regions.
- Supports PSBs generated for all compiler languages (PSBGEN LANG=COBOL,
PL/I or ASSEM).
- Restores current position in all IMS databases being processed by
SELCOPY following a checkpoint call.
- Extended restart (XRST) call supports restart of a SELCOPY job from a
checkpoint location. The following SELCOPY data areas are restored:
- The user work area buffer.
- For each open IMS DL1 database connection, the input and update
segment counts, current and longest segment lengths, file size
value and end-of-file status flag.
- The value assigned to each user @ pointer variable.
- Support for BMC Application Restart Control (AR/CTL) FORCEd check point
to override its checkpoint pacing rule.
- POS PCB is updated to point at the I/O PCB for the CHKP/XRST call.
Therefore, POS STATUS will reference the CHKP/XRST status code.
- Following a CHKP call, the system @ pointer references the SLCIMS
return object structure which contains the 8-character checkpoint
identifier and status information on the Get Unique (GU) call performed
on each database object in order to re-establish position.
- POS RECODE and RETXV values indicate success or otherwise of the SLCIMS
For further details and examples of use, please refer to the
SELCOPY IMS Call Module
APAR & Description:
- IQ005032, IQ005030, IQ005022, IQ004946, IQ004608:
- General SELCOPYi utility Fixes and Enhancements:
- IQ005029, IQ005028, IQ005024, IQ005014, IQ004951, IQ004828:
- SDE Data Editor Fixes and Enhancements:
- Correct possible 0C4 program check during DB2 edit with AUDIT log output.
Problem occurred following insert of a row where data in the row was enough
to write several audit log records.
- Correct possible 0C1 program check which occurred following SAVE to dataset
being edited for update-in-place.
- Correct EXCLUDE primary command so that where parameter ".ZCSR .ZCSR" is
used, only the focus line is excluded, not all lines.
- Edit or Browse of a DB2 result table specified via a DB2 VIEW name has been
enhanced so that, provided the VIEW has not referenced a table column as a
different name, all primary key columns of all tables specified in the VIEW
- Improve performance for DELETE when Auxiliary Edit method is used.
- IQ005027, IQ005025:
- DB2 Panel Fixes and Enhancements:
- Correction to the SELCOPYi DB2 unload panels which generated invalid DB2
UNLOAD utility syntax when an output copybook was used to unload a NULLable
field and that field name was not preceded by another field name containing
the string "NULL".
- The FILTER panel for DB2 no longer displays the LEV and PIC columns in the
SELECT, thereby allowing for an increase in the VALUE column width.
- List Window enhancement:
- LISTLIBRARY (LL) is now treated as LISTPATH (LP) if the specified library
name is not a valid DSN but is a valid HFS file path.
- On-line Help system updates:
- Add SELCOPY C++ (SLC) 3.40 changes summary page and SELCOPY Product Suite
3.40 New Features page.