z/OS Service Package: X2019123
APAR & Description:
- IQ005163, IQ005156, IQ005148, IQ005146:
- SELCOPYi SMF Utilities enhancements and fixes:
- Support added for the following SMF record types:
||RMF Processor Activity.
||RMF Paging Activity.
||Workload Activity, Storage Data, and Serialization Delay.
||RMF Channel Path Activity.
||RMF Activity of Several Resources.
||RMF Page Data Set Activity.
||RMF Trace Activity.
||RMF Enqueue activity. (1)
||RMF Virtual Storage and I/O Queuing Activity.
||RMF Monitor II activity.
(1) Type 77 is already supported.
- SMF Record Type 80 (Security) enhanced to interpret events and event
qualifiers and also map specific relocate sections.
- SMF Record Type 110 subtype 1 (CICS Monitoring) updated to include
- SMFCICSM utility and sample batch job (ZZSSMFC1) included to regenerate
SMF type 110 subtype 1 (CICS Monitoring) record mappings which are
specific to an installation's CICS systems.
- SMF Browse and Report utilities enhanced to support record selection
based on User Id and Job name field values. (Already supported for SMF
New input fields "User ID>" and "Job Name>" introduced to the SMF Browse
and SMF Report panels, each supporting specification of a number of
alternative, comma separated UserID/JobName values.
- SMF Browse, Extract and Report utilities enhanced to allow multiple,
alternate FIND search strings that may be located anywhere within the
Previously, only the SMF Extract utility searched the entire record for
a find string. For SMF Browse (full layout) and SMF Report utilities,
a find string would only be found if it existed in the Base (Primary)
segment. This restriction no longer exists.
A number of alternate, comma separated search strings may now be
specified in the "Find String>" field belonging to each SMF utility
- SMF Browse, Extract and Report utilities enhanced to support
specification of the logical operator to be applied between the values
supplied by SMF Type, User Id, Job Name and Find string record selection
Previously, where selection criteria values were specified for one or
more of these record selection parameters, a logical operator "OR" was
implied. (e.g. Types 60, Find string "SYS1" would select an SMF record
of type 60 or a record of any SMF type containing the string "SYS1".)
New option field "Logic:" has been introduced to all SMF utility panels
to control the logical operator used. Supported options are "OR" and
- Where an output limit value is specified it now applies individually to
each specified SMF record type (or sub-type).
Previously, the output limit was applied to all the specified SMF record
types as a whole, regardless of the number of occurrences of each
particular type. This meant that the selected records need not have
included instances of each of the specified SMF record types. This is
because the output limit threshold may have been reached before instances
of a particular SMF record type were read.
e.g. Output limit 10 and Types 14,15 will now select 10 type 14 records
and 10 type 15 records. (As opposed to 10 records of either type 14 or
Where no specific type(s) or sub-type(s) are specified, the output limit
applies to all selected SMF records.
- Correct error in SMFFLD (SMF record field mapping) utility which contained
a hard coded library DSN.
- New Feature - Report Utility for Structured data:
- Formatted Report Utility panel introduced to generate a text report from
fields in data set records that are mapped by SELCOPYi SDO structures,
HLASM DSECTs and/or COBOL or PL/1 copybooks.
Panel is accessible via item 11 (Print/Report) on the primary options panel
The report definition syntax is identical to that supported for the SMF
- IQ005161, IQ005160, IQ005159, IQ005157, IQ005152, IQ005150, IQ005149:
- Data Editor enhancements and fixes:
- Support for keyword "ANY" introduced in FIND, CHANGE, EXCLUDE and ONLY
operations so that a search for a specified value in browsed or edited
data is not restricted to data mapped by the default record type.
Record data assigned any record type may be searched. Keyword "FOCUS"
will revert back to searching only data assigned to the default record
type (i.e. the record type assigned to the focus record of the window
The default (ANY or FOCUS) is controlled by the SET/QUERY/EXTRACT option
RTSCOPE which may also be set via the DAT Edit Setting panel (=0.4).
- FILTER specification in BROWSE and EDIT commands has been enhanced to
allow a limit for the number of records selected by an individula
INCLUDE sub-clause (or deselected by an individual EXCLUDE sub-clause).
Parameter LIMIT may be specified as part of each INCLUDE or EXCLUDE
sub-clause. Each time a sub-clause returns a true condition, the hit
count for the sub-clause is incremented by 1. Once the hit count reaches
the LIMIT threshold, the sub-clause plays no further part in the filter
of subsequent input records. e.g.
<EDIT CBL.USERS \
FILTER ( \
INCLUDE RECORD LIMIT 50 \
WHERE(SUBSTR(RECORD,11,3) = 'NBJ') \
INCLUDE RECORD LIMIT 40 \
WHERE(SUBSTR(RECORD,11,3) = 'JGE') \
STOPAFTER 88 \
In this example, the maximum number of records edited is 88 of which a
maximum of 50 will contain "NBJ" and a maximum of 60 will contain "JGE"
at position 11 of the record text.
- Correct error whereby multiple sessions may be opened for edit of the
same DB2 object. Problem introduced by PTF RS34003/RS33008.
- Correct possible 0C4 program check that may occur on first execution of
the SD command. Problem introduced by PTF RS34004/RS33009
- Correct 0C4 program check that occurs when BLANKWHENZERO option is set
for a field of HEX data type.
- Correct storage management for an "EXTRACT /FOCUS/" operation.
- IQ005156, IQ005158:
- SELCOPYi SDO Structure creation enhancements:
- Support introduced in CREATE STRUCTURE Direct Definition syntax to
indicate that the source record to which the record type is assigned
may contain data in compressed (CSRCE) format.
An EXPAND sub-clause may be specified as part of the record type
definition. This identifies the location (EXPLOC) within the record
of the compressed data, the length (EXPSIZE) of the compressed data
and the condition (WHEN <expression&rt;) that identifies the data
as being compressed.
<CREATE STRUCT CBL.SELCOPYI.SITE.SDO(COMP001) \
(UserInfo struct \
( Header STRUCT \
( HType INT(1) \
,HFlag INT(1) \
,HTitle CHAR(20) \
,HCOff INT(4) \
,HCLen INT(4) \
,CompData STRUCT \
( UserId CHAR(8) \
,DescLen INT(4) \
,Desc XVARCHAR(16384,DescLen) \
( EXPLOC (HCOff) \
EXPSIZE (HCLen) \
WHEN (HFlag = X'01') \
This feature has been introduced to support SMF 110 subtype 1
(CICS Monitoring) records which may contain compressed data.
- Support COBOL copybook Format 1 USAGE clause formats DISPLAY-1, INDEX,
NATIONAL, OBJECT REFERENCE, POINTER PROCEDURE-POINTER and FUNCTION-POINTER.
- IQ005155, IQ005154:
- Miscellaneous fixes:
- Correct missing "REXX" notifier in the distributed SELCOPYI startup REXX
procedure. TSO EXEC command treats the procedure as a CLIST and error
IKJ56532I is returned. Problem introduced by PTF RS33005.
- Correct potential 0C4 program check which occurred in CBLIVTAM when closing
a user VTAM session.
APAR & Description:
- Program check 0C4 occurs at end-of-job processing when the last input
or output dataset is a VSAM KSDS with key position defined at an offset
greater than 2025.
Same problem in previous release.