z/OS Service Package: X2019189
APAR & Description:
- IQ005168, IQ005171, IQ005172, IQ005175, IQ005176, IQ005178,
IQ005179, IQ005180, IQ005187:
- SELCOPYi SMF Utilities enhancements and fixes:
- Support added for the following SMF record types:
||Job Step Termination.
||High-Frequency Throughput Statistics.
||z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition.
- All existing SMF record mappings updated for improved comment (help) text
formatting and/or generic record type selection.
- All SMF utilities updated to support filter on the SMF record System ID
- BROWSE utility improved so that specification of an input limit (ILIM) no
longer forces all records selected by the limit to be loaded in storage.
Records may be loaded and unloaded as the display is scrolled.
- EXTRACT utility execution performance enhancement. Whenever possible, the
SELCOPY program is invoked to select and extract SMF records resulting in
vastly improved execution times. PTF RI34003 is a pre-requisite.
- REPORT utility feature extended to support output to the following types
of output from the source SMF records:
- Printed Text
- Comma Separated Variables (CSV)
- Extended Markup Language (XML)
Note that using report definition syntax to produce output in these formats
is also available for non-SMF source records. See the "Formatted Report
Utility" panel (=11.2).
- REPORT utility printed text output limit (OLIM) when a SORT definition is
applied now applies only to the sorted output.
Typically, processing stops once the number of records selected for report
has reached the specified output limit.
If (and only if) a SORT section has been specified in the report SORT
definition input, selection will occur on *all* input SMF records. These
records are then sorted and the first number of records matching the output
limit value will be reported.
- REPORT utility JCL batch job generation updated so that the SDEPRINT DD
SYSOUT=* statement includes default DCB information (RECFM=FBA,LRECL=0133).
This can be modified for reports that are wider that 132 columns.
- SMFFLD tool to display field mapping help for the focus SMF record has
been enhanced to display the possible text enumeration (ENUM) values for
fields assigned coded numeric values.
- Correct filter processing on JOBNAME and/or USERID where wildcard "*"
(asterisk) is specified. Jobname and userid search values are no longer
padded to 8 characters if they include a "*" wildcard which represents 0
or more characters.
- SELCOPY Debugger enhanced to support parameters "-DBRC" and "-IRLM" for debug
of SELCOPY in an IMS DLI region.
- DBRC [Y|N]
Indicates whether or not IMS Database Recovery Control is to be used in
the DLI batch region. "-DBRC" is equivalent to "-DBRC Y".
- IRLM [Y|N]
Indicates whether or not IMS Resource Lock Manager (with default name IRLM)
is to be used in the DLI batch region. "-IRLM" is equivalent to "-IRLM Y".
- IQ005170, IQ005184, IQ005185:
- Data Editor enhancements and fixes:
- Primary command VIEW updated to support trailing wildcard "*" (asterisk) on
the record-type name. e.g. "VIEW + SMF015*" will add all records of
record-types beginning with "SMF015" to the display.
- Enhance the SELECT command for segmented records so that field selection on
the primary segment record-type may include fields from any of its secondary
When selecting fields for display in a primary segment, a field from one of
its secondary segments may be selected using a qualified field name. The high
level qualifier is the secondary segment record-type name and the low level
qualifier is the field name. If necessary, intervening qualifiers may be
specified to distinguish the field from other fields of the sae name within
the secondary segment type. e.g.
SELECT zRTY, SMF020_Job_Initiation.zJobname
i.e. Only primary segment field "zRTY" and secondary segment field "zJobname"
(mapped by record-type "SMF020_Job_Initiation") will be displayed in the
primary segment mapping of the record data.
- Support primary command ENUMS to list all enum values for a specific SDO
structure name. If no structure name is specified, the structure used in
the focus Data Editor display is used.
- Correct BROWSE/EDIT when both FILTER and FOR have been specified. Use of the
FOR parameter causes the IOP progress window to be opened. However, if no
records were selected by the filter, the progress window remained open after
the operation finished.
- PDSE2 Library Member Generation Erase:
- No longer prompt the user to delete all generations when an ERASE operation
is executed against a member of a PDSE2 library that supports member
generations. Only the latest generation will be deleted.
To delete all generations, a generation mask must be specified.
- Correct bug whereby an entire library may be deleted when the ERASE command
is executed with a PDSE library member generation specification and that
library is not allocated with a MAXGENS value (i.e. does not support member
- Correct 0C4 program check that may occur in a panel containing a table when the
cursor is positioned in the column header line above the prefix area and
<Enter> is pressed (column sort).
- Correct situation whereby ISPF is set OFF following an I/O error in the File
Search and Update (FSU) utility.
- For all operations on spanned, variable length (RECFM=VS or VBS) data sets,
disregard the LRECL value and use LRECL=X instead.
- Correct the setup dialog panel which is displayed when SELCOPYi is initially
started by the system programmer following a product install or version upgrade.
Following SELCOPY Product Suite upgrade/install, the systems programmer starts
SELCOPYi to customise it for the local installation. Tailoring the SITE INI file
DSN and selecting "Continue" before <Enter> is pressed gave an unexpected
return code which caused SELCOPYi to terminate prematurely.
- Storage management in SDEAMAIN (SELCOPYi batch) utility corrected so that a stack
overflow condition does not cause a 0C1 program check but will output error
message ZZSD792E "ObtainDSA failed" instead.
SDEAMAIN stack maximum storage threshold also extended from 48K to 64K.
- Windows management updated so that the WINDOW operation (assigned to F4 by default)
to navigate focus to the next window, skips windows that are in a minimised state.
Focus may still be placed on minimised windows via the Window List menu (=WL).
Note that command "WINDOW" and "WINDOW -" execute the SELCOPYi windows opaerions
"MDINEXT" and "MDIPREV" respectively.
APAR & Description:
- Introduce support for I/O on z/OS variable spanned data sets (RECFM=VS or VBS)
where LRECL is greater than 32756 (the maximum for BUFTEK=A or BUILDRCD use).
Previously, SELCOPY supported I/O on variable spanned data sets using the BUFTEK=A
method. With this SYSMOD applied, SELCOPY will support I/O on spanned records of
any length. QSAM XLRI (LRECL=X) will be used where a data set is allocated with
LRECL>32756 and RECFM=VS or VBS.
Note that the QSAM BUFTEK=A method must be used if data set is to be opened for
update (READ UPD). i.e. Input for update is only possible for spanned data sets