z/OS Service Package: X2021049
APAR & Description:
- IQ005341, IQ005296, IQ005292, IQ005285, IQ005284, IQ005283,
IQ005280, IQ005279, IQ005272, IQ005208, IQ005203, IQ005189:
- ** NEW FEATURE - SELCOPYI REPORT UTILITY **
Generate printed report, CSV, XML or JSON output from any one of the following
- SMF records.
- DB2 result table rows.
- Formatted dataset records.
The REPORT Utility is documented in the CBL publication:
SELCOPYi REPORT Utility.
- IQ005355, IQ005353, IQ005344, IQ005342, IQ005340, IQ005343,
IQ005335, IQ005326, IQ005323, IQ005311, IQ005306, IQ005294,
IQ005290, IQ005276, IQ005269, IQ005255, IQ005254, IQ005253,
IQ005246, IQ005239, IQ005231, IQ005222, IQ005221, IQ005214,
IQ005207, IQ005195, IQ005177, IQ005145:
- SELCOPYi SMF Utilities enhancements and fixes:
|SMF Record Type
| 0||IPL |
| 2||Dump Header |
| 3||Dump Trailer |
| 6||External Writer |
| 6||IP PrintWay |
| 6||JES2 Output Writer |
| 6||JES3 Output Writer |
| 6||Print Services Facility |
| 7||Data Lost |
| 8||I/O Configuration |
| 9||VARY Device ONLINE |
| 10||Allocation Recovery |
| 11||VARY Device OFFLINE |
| 19||Direct Access Volume |
| 21||Tape Error |
| 22||Configuration |
| 23||SMF Status |
| 24||JES2 Spool Offload |
| 25||JES3 Device Allocation |
| 30||Common Address Space Work |
| 33||APPC/MVS TP Accounting |
| 34||TS-Step Termination |
| 36||ICF Catalog Export |
| 41||DIV Objects and VLF Statistics |
| 42||DFSMS Statistics and Configuration |
| 45||JES Stop |
| 47||JES SIGNON / Start Line |
| 48||JES SIGNOFF / Stop Line |
| 49||JES Integrity |
| 50||VTAM Tuning Statistics |
| 52||JES2 LOGON/Start Line (SNA) |
| 53||JES2 LOGOFF/Stop Line (SNA) |
| 54||JES2 Integrity (SNA) |
| 55||JES2 Network SIGNON |
| 56||JES2 Network Integrity |
| 57||JES2 Network SYSOUT Transmission |
| 58||JES2 Network SIGNOFF |
| 59||MVS/BDT File-to-File Transmission |
| 70||RMF Processor Activity |
| 71||RMF Paging Activity |
| 72||RMF Workload Activity |
| 73||RMF Channel Path Activity |
| 74||RMF Activity of Several Resources |
| 75||RMF Page Data Set Activity |
| 76||RMF Trace Activity |
| 77||RMF Enqueue Activity |
| 78||RMF Virtual Storage and I/O Queuing |
| 79||RMF Monitor II activity |
| 82||Cryptography Services |
| 84||JES monitoring facility |
| 85||OAM Transaction Performance |
| 86||CIM Server |
| 87||GRS Monitoring |
| 89||Product Usage Data |
| 90||System Status |
| 91||BatchPipes Statistics |
| 96||Cross Memory Service Provider Charge Back |
| 97||Foreign Enclave Resource |
| 98||High-Frequency Throughput Statistics |
| 99||Systems Resource Manager (SRM) Decisions |
|103||IBM HTTP Server |
|104||RMF Distributed Platform Performance |
|106||BCPii Activity |
|108||Domino Server Statistics |
|117||WebSphere Message Broker and IBM Integration Bus|
|121||Java Runtime Performance |
|122||IBM Explorer Developer for zOS |
|123||z/OS Connect |
|124||I/O Supervisor Information |
- Where applicable, description text for SMF field mappings updated to begin
with a reference to the standard IBM name in the format: "(IBM Name: xxx)"
- New SMFOVERV utility introduced to generate a report overview of the types
(and subtypes) of records in an SMF generated data set.
- SMF Browse (SMFB), SMF Extract (SMFEXTRC) and SMF Report (SMFRPT) utilities
updated to support record filtering by low and high dates that are a number
of day relative to the current date.
e.g. DATELO( -3 ) DATEHI( -2 )
- SMF Report utility (SMFRPT) updated to call the general REPORT utility,
providing more enhanced SMF record reporting options. (See below)
- SMF Extract utility (SMFEXTRC) updated with the following fixes and
- DD SMFXCTL for SELCOPY control statement input.
Default is member ZZSSMFEX in the installation
- Member ZZSSMFEX SELCOPY statements use allocated
DD name input and output on READ/WRITE statements.
This allows for use of temporary datasets in batch.
- Batch execution no longer finishes with RC=0 on out
of space conditions (e.g. B37 abend).
- SMF Field Descriptions utility (SMFFLD) display of less-than, greater-than
and apersand symbols corrected.
- IQ005263, IQ005261, IQ005235, IQ005227, IQ005218:
- Enhancements and fixes to PDSE version 2 member generation support:
- FSU/FCOPY copy of orphaned member generations (i.e. generations of a member
for which no live version exists), no longer leaves the most recent copy of
the orphaned member generation as the live member (i.e. as relative
Instead, the copy detects the fact that no live version of the member exists
and so, following the copy of all the member's generations, it deletes the
latest generation copied. This makes it the -1 generation and so orphans the
generations in the target library to match those in the source.
- Report the MAXGENS value in the INFO panel and update the Maximum Generations
field in the Allocate Non-VSAM dialog when a PDSE version 2 library is
specified as a model.
- Use of the "GO" command after a "SAVE" operation (resulting in the creation
of a new member generation) has been corrected. In this circumstance, "GO"
now opens the new edit/browse session on the member generation text displayed
and not the text belonging to what is now the previous generation.
- Correct display of "Cursize" in member generation lists.
- Support primary commands to quickly view, list and compare member generations
based on the member generation displayed in the current Text Editor or Data
GEN - Edit/View/List/Compare/Recover
GEN -1 (View/browse relative generation -1)
GEN 22 E (Edit absolute generation 22)
GEN L (List all generations of current member)
GEN C (Compare current generation with prev)
+- *-1 ----+ +- View ----+
| | | |
>>-- GEN --+----------+---+-----------+---><
| | | |
+- 0 ------+ +- Browse --+
| | | |
+- -nnn --+ +- Compare--+
| | | |
+- *-nnn --+ +- Edit |
+- List ----+
+- Orphan --+
+- Recover -+
+- Sde -----+
+- Upd -----+
+- View ----+
+- ? -------+
GENCOMP - Compare current generation with previous. (Provides more
options than "GEN COMPARE")
+- *-1 ----+ +-- CONTEXT 10 --+
| | | |
>>- GENComp -+----------+-+----------------+-><
| | | |
+- 0 ------+ +- compare-opts -+
+- -nnn --+
+- *-nnn --+
GENORPH - List/Delete orphaned member generations. (May also be
used to open the panel "List/Delete PDSE v2 Orphaned Member Gens".)
+- List ---+
>>-- GENORPH --+----------+-+----------------+->
| | | |
+- Delete -+ +- library-name -+
+- DATEHI( timestamp ) --+
+- DATEHI( nnn Days ) ---+
+- DATEHI( nnn Months ) -+
+- DATEHI( nnn Years ) --+
- IQ005299, IQ005295, IQ005293, IQ005291, IQ005274, IQ005271,
IQ005257, IQ005256, IQ005250, IQ005245, IQ005236, IQ005230,
IQ005226, IQ005224, IQ005223, IQ005210:
- Enhancements and fixes to SELCOPYi formatted record mapping structures and
- For segmented records processing, correct display of a blank value in a field
belonging to a secondary segment that has been selected for display on the
primary segment line. This can occur when the secondary segment data length
is shorter than the segment map length.
- Support included for datatype:
IPADDRESS(n) or IP(n)
where "n" is 4 or 16.
IPADDRESS(4) is assumed to be a IPv4 address and will display as
"nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn". IPADDRESS(4) display width is 15.
IPADDRESS(16) will detect if it's IPv4 or IPv6. If first 10 bytes are X'00'
and next 2 are X'FF' then it is a IPv4 address with the address in IP(4)
format in junior 4 bytes, and will display as "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn" left-justified
in the display width (39).
Otherwise it is IPv6 address and will display as
"0123:4567:89AB:CDEF:0123:4567:89AB:CDEF" IPADDRESS(16) display width is 39.
- Include SDO structure member "DCOLLECT" for mapping DCOLLECT output records.
The SDO may be used with BROWSE to display output and the REPORT utility to
generate a customised report.
- Correct failure to select a record-type mapping based on USE WHEN criteria
that refers to a variable length field or a field that starts in a variable
position (i.e. a position following variable length field).
- OFFSET specifies that mapping is to begin at an offset into the record data.
Correct failure to use the OFFSET value when the record-type mapping is
imported into the structure as a result of DEFER.
- On the "Structured Data Browse/Edit" panel, include a "Key End" input field
for KSDS record selection by key range.
- BROWSE of a specified number of data set record (FOR nnn) without a start
record number (FROM nnn), will no longer attempt to load *all* the selected
records into storage. Instead, only a discrete number of records are loaded
as required for display.
- BROWSE/EDIT of a data set using a PL1 copybook that does not contain a
DECLARE statement no longer returns an error.
e.g. BROWSE 'NBJ.ZZST2DAT' USING PL1 NBJ.PL1(TEST)
As for COBOL copybooks with no level 1 entry, SELCOPYi will dynamically
prefix the contents of a PL1 structure with "DECLARE 01 SELCOPY01 ," if a
numeric integer value other than 1 is detected at the start of the first
- Data Edit panel command "EditCopyBook" (F5) where the copybook specified
is an SDO (SELCOPYi structure), now displays a formatted view of the SDO
- Corrections to FILTER clause and WHERE expressions particularly relating
to input ENUM fields.
- IQ005331, IQ005329, IQ005328, IQ005319, IQ005220, IQ005219:
- Updates to the operation of primary commands in the Data Editor:
- BROWSE DD=ddname supported.
The specified ddname may be a temporary dataset or a concatenation of data
- FILEIO ddname CREAD supported.
Records from ddname will be read and appended directly to the SELCOPYi clip
- COPY improved so that records copied into an edit session mapped by
a segmented structure will automatically segment the inserted records.
- SELECT fields from another record-type now returns an error if the
focus record-type is not a primary segment.
- SELECT and VIEW specification of a deferred (DEFER) record-type
will import it into the active SDO structure.
- IQ005260, IQ005252, IQ005251, IQ005249, IQ005234, IQ005228:
- Enhancements and corrections to the Compare Files (COMPFILE) utility:
- New facility "COMPMTS" to compare the timestamps of 2 members of the
same name which exist in different PDS/PDSE libraries.
- Compare files option SPACE introduced. This will return an equal
condition on comparing a pair of records that have differences but are equal
after all blanks have been removed.
If option SPACE is not used, a pair of records that would be equal
but for the number of imbedded blank characters, is now treated as a
CHANGE rather than an INSERT/DELETE.
- Correct edit of the compared data set from the Compare output report via
CFEDIT (F6) which failed if option LISTFILEACTION is set to
anything other than "EDIT".
- IGNORE no longer results in masked records being kept in storage and
potentially causing an out of storage condition and early EOF.
- IQ005286, IQ005243, IQ005238,IQ005232:
- Corrections to the Text Editor Utility:
- Storage management improved for LIST primary command output to a file.
- BOXTOT totalling of numeric values in marked text now supports non-integer
values that include a decimal point.
- Correct poor performance for "HILITE OFF" for display of JSON or XML text.
- IQ005242, IQ005240, IQ005233, IQ005217:
- Enhancements and corrections to SELCOPYi File Search Utilities:
- Correct failure to generate a report when no TSO prefix and no OMVS home
directory is assigned to the user.
- "LIMIT n" no longer cause a file copy or update-in-place to terminate early.
- Prevent a member with aliases from being processed more than once.
- If "CONTEXT" is requested, prevent an internal error from occuring when
one or more of the selected search data sets is HSM migrated and a recall
- IQ005289, IQ005287, IQ005278,IQ005275, IQ005241, IQ005206:
- Enhancements and corrections to SELCOPYi DB2 processing:
- SELCOPYi table library member for DB2 subsystem specific options (in
particular DB2 load libraries). DB2 Settings panel includes item
"SubSys" for Product, Shared and User customistation.
- SQL source data set or library member input to EXECSQL now supports
lines with '--' as the first non-blanks characters as comment text.
This matches the IBM SPUFI specifications. SPUFI input members may
be used as input to EXECSQL.
- Correct SELCOPYi BROWSE DB2 failures that possible occur following
multiple database connections.
- EXECSQL now supports DDname specification for INDSN, OUTDSN and OUTSDO.
- IQ005321, IQ005320, IQ005075, IQ005074:
- List window enhancements:
- "SRCHFOR" primary command supported in data set, library member and HFS/ZFS
file lists. SRCHFOR will execute a search for a data string within the file
objects displayed in the list, provided they have not been excluded.
- "MEMBER" primary command supported in data set lists. MEMBER followed by a
member name mask will exclude all data set entries in the current list that
are *not* library data sets that contain a member with a name that matches
the member name mask. Unless HIDE (SHADOW OFF) has been executed,
consecutive excluded list entries will be grouped together and displayed as
a shadow line.
- Other primary commands supported in lists that have the same functionality
as commands of the same name supported by the Text Editor are as follows:
|EXCLUDE (X) ||Exclude list entries where the Entry/Member field matches the specified search string.|
|ONLY (O) ||Exclude all list entries where the Entry/Member field does *not* match the specified search string.|
|RESET ||Reset excluded lines.|
|HIDE ||Hide excluded lines shadow lines.|
|SHADOW ON/OFF||Display/Hide excluded lines shadow lines.|
|FLIP ||Reset excluded lines and exclude non-excluded lines.|
- Line commands introduced for all list windows.
|X ||Exclude the list entry.|
|//X //||Exclude all list entries in the marked range.|
|NX ||Reset a group of excluded entries.|
(Only applicable on a shadow line.)
|NXF ||Reset the first excluded list entry in a group of excluded entries.|
(Only applicable on a shadow line.)
|NXL ||Reset the last excluded list entry in a group of excluded entries.|
(Only applicable on a shadow line.)
- Delete (D) and rename (R) line commands no longer cause automatic refresh of
the list. Instead the entry remains with either
'--- Deleted ---'
'--- Renamed ---'
in place of the additional detail items.
- IQ005351, IQ005318, IQ005317, IQ005316, IQ005315, IQ005314,
IQ005312, IQ005309, IQ005308, IQ005305, IQ005304, IQ005300,
IQ005282, IQ005281, IQ005265, IQ005229, IQ005215, IQ005212,
IQ005225, IQ005211, IQ005209, IQ005204, IQ005201, IQ005200,
- Miscellaneous changes and enhancements:
APAR & Description:
- Use BUFTEK=A for RECFM=VS/VBS spanned data set I/O when LRECL<=32760.
This is a correction to PTF RI34003 which introduced LRECL=X for spanned
record I/O with LRECL>32756. LRECL=X should only be used for
- IEC036I 002-18 occured for output to multiple RECFM=VS/VBS LRECL=X datasets
within the same SELCOPY execution.
PTF RI33007 and PTF RI34003 introduced support for processing spanned
records with LRECL>32756.
- Correct CEE3608I/CEE3611I/CEE3606I errors that may occur when CALLing a
COBOL program that has been compiled using version 5.0 or later of the
Enterprise COBOL compiler.